Saturday, December 8, 2012

Harmon Mfg. Co. Tacoma, Wash.

finding something by the side of the road....I liked the lines. covered in dirty dirt and a lot of cigarette burn marks.....which were a work of art all by itself.

Blonde 50s nightstand...sounds like a dimestore novel......
Heavy real wood, boy it was heavy. Stop the car ! back up, put this in the trunk.
When I say "Living the Recycled Life".......this is what I mean. Almost everything I own is vintage (er, second-hand).


See...not fooling about the burn marks.
A nice coat or 2 of Kilz...a day to dry.



Oh Loooook. F. S. Harmon Mfg. Co. Well, Mark and I have certainly sold quite a few vintage Harmon Made in Tacoma pieces in our day.....



well, here it is....I added a vintage 20s oak wood knob, from my reclaimed stash.....I didn't like the Home Depot-brassMadeInChina knob it had on it.......not original and oh, so ugly........Now....It stands all night long with a vintage leaded glass lamp, my blue tulip blue glass hanging lamp...a basket of paperbacks for nightime reading, a weird piece of driftwood.....and a sleeping dog. The White Mostly bedroom is coming along...



Everything in this picture was bought at an estate sale, the thrift, the side of the road...Even the dog is a hand-me-down.....

No comments: