Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gonna take a sentimental journey....

I'm going back to the 70s.
That was the last time I was really truly happy. We knew back then all would get better. We had ended the Viet Nam War.....We had routed Nixon, and then elected a man who was a farmer and wore sweaters like Mr. Rogers.
We'd just signed the Clean Water Act, The Endangered Species Act, The Clean Air Act, and we knew we were gonna have a future with solar panels on every roof, a vegetable garden in every yard, and civil rights for everyone!
And then some of you assholes elected Reagan, and the Republicans decided to destroy America with 10000% greed. Fuck clean Water, Public Parks and clean Air. Fuck civil rights, Fuck good wages for the working class, and send 98% of the money up to the Rich fucks.


Privatize everything, because a Corporation always has a citizen's civil rights and happiness as their First priority....fer instance.... all food McDonald's serves is good for you! Spilling oil in the Gulf is good for the planet !
Yeah, I'm going back....Catch me if you can....I'm going back.

Denim, embroidery, leather sandals, fruits, nuts and granola, and bell bottoms.
Government was embracing the future and making huge social changes and ending war. That was then, and today we have the Republicans and the Tea Party that want to destroy America so the rich can get richer. Their ignorance of American History is really frightening.

Here's my kids...All from the 70s. Yup, that's the last time I was happy. When I was a young mom. I loved it. Now my kids are big, and I have grands.


See, they're big....

After we had lunch at Antique Sandwich, we met back at my house, the Tiny House.
We chatted and chatted, and then Mark and Mike went off to Guitar Maniacs and Mike bought a vintage guitar, and there was Miles...working the store.

Lunch at Antique Sandwich....Shayne isn't in these pics...he was still at work.
Jan taking a pic of Penny while Annie smiles ....


Annie, Ruby, Mike, Jan, Penny's head.





Ruby made a face in her drink....and made a real big Lego thing.....



Then.....once back at the house, I brought out the big big box of family pictures and we went thru them and laughed and told stories and tales on each other.
I told them to take bunches of family pics, and I need to make so many copies before I let them go....but most of them, the family pics...I want them to go to the kids.....I only want a small box left. It's their life now.




-------------------------------------------------------
Nils Logren sings the Goffin/King song "Goin' Back".....catch me if you can, I'm going back...




GOIN’ BACK
by Gerry Goffin & Carole King

I think I’m going back
to the things I learned so well in my youth
I think I’m returning to
the days when I was young enough to know the truth

Now there are no games to only pass the time
No more electric trains, no more trees to climb
Thinking young and growing older is no sin
And I can play the game of life to win

I can recall a time
when I wasn’t ashamed to reach out to a friend
Now I think I’ve got
a lot more than my toys to lend

Now there’s much to do than watch my sailboat glide
And every day can be my magic carpet ride
A little bit of freedom is all we lack
So catch me if you can, I’m going back

A little bit of courage is all we lack
So catch me if you can, I’m going back
Going back..........

No comments: