Thursday, October 1, 2009

Official: TressieFest





I claim October for my own. I always have. I share it with my son who was born on my 20th birthday...and my brothers...and my friend Jen...and oh, I'm sure there are others...many many others.

But it's about ME. October. I love everything about it except that it is a gateway to winter, and I hate winter. No one on the planet hates winter more than me. Cold. Wet. SAD. Colder. Wetter. ugh. Depressing.



October is....the clearest blue skies with eye-gouging yellow leaves...funnest most inspiring thing to do is to lay under a tree, and gaze through the leaves to the sky. I do this all the time, actually. If you ever see me on my back under a tree, do not assume I'm dead/waiting for a bus/looking for my glasses/napping........
please note I am Enjoying Nature.




I am soon to be 55 (I think). I am on a big kick to Enjoy Nature. I think that since I have only 10 or 20 years left on the planet, if my tremendous luck holds out... that I should stop being a Hater on Winter.



So...to that end...
I shall commence to be making the most wonderful winter stuff you evah seen....
glitter covered eyeballs, glitter covered spiders, satin dresses trimmed with white fur, white tuxedo jackets and silver lame pants, Santa hats, and snowflake hats, and cashmere underwear...
and more stripes.

No comments: