It is time, again, to tell the Rich people and the Rich corporations to bugger off.
Here is a short history of what was done to repair the damage done by the Rich who caused the last Depression....too.
These small changes will cripple the large corporations, and grow the smaller companies and small local business.
Remember... Be the Change.
Corporate greed is the problem. Politicians are the enablers.
1. Stop voting Republican. oh sure Democrats are not so hot sometimes and surely screw up...BUT it is the Democrats brought you (a short list) 40 hr standard workweeks, Unemployment insurance, Work place safety regulations, Clean Air, Clean Water Act....all of these were opposed by Republicans,and they still do. Demand more from Democrats because Republicans now (they didn't always) support the huge corporations and no one else, ever.
2. Move all your money to a local Credit Union. Why? Your money helps your neighbor, and stays local. Banks, especially big banks hate you and send your money to God knows where ! Also, a Credit Union will lend you money for worthwhile projects or buys, if you have anywhere's decent credit and will help you keep and get a good credit rating. This link will take you to a Credit Union locate tool.
In other words, they care about you, because they are small. Need a refresher?
Watch "It's A Wonderful Life" for a 2 hr crash course on greedy bankers vs. community.
George Bailey: Just a minute... just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was... why, in the 25 years since he and his brother, Uncle Billy, started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry away to college, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what's wrong with that? Why... here, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You... you said... what'd you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... Do you know how long it takes a working man to save $5,000? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well in my book, my father died a much richer man than you'll ever be!
3. Stop shopping at huge, corporate chains unless you absolutely have to. Buy from the small local hardware store, the local department store, boutiques, second-hand stores, vintage stores, antiques stores, local drug stores, and buy second hand whenever possible. You will live without Target and Lowe's. And you will get personal service and make friends !
4. Buy more organic food, and buy more locally grown food. When you buy food that has been grown with chemicals and insecticides, it's poison, and you eat it. Literally. When you buy food grown within a few hundred miles of your home, it is fresher and you support Local ! There's a reason Farmer's Markets have become immensely popular. The food tastes better, and once again. Local ! Buying food that comes from thousands of miles away, the food has been altered to be "shippable" and it doesn't taste good. It looks like food, but it almost isn't....food. It tastes like the paper bag you put it in.
Also grow a garden. Even a little bit. Healthy food makes healthy bodies.
Slide Sideways graphics company.
5. Take public transportation, or bike or walk as much as you can. Cheaper. Better for the environment. It's pretty stunning how far ahead Europe is on this issue. Stop giving trillions of dollars to the Oil companies. Support electric transportion. And make sure your electricity is Green, or moving towards Green.
These 5 changes in your life, might sound Hard ! No, they are not ! I've been living like this for 5 decades. I have a house, a car, and lots and lots of stuff. I live without very much guilt about the damage I am doing to the Planet. I'm not perfect. Don't worry.....Be The Change .....