Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summertime and the Living is Lazy....



Knee high by the 4th of July....I planted corn, gourds, sunflowers and a few other sweet things out front because I'm a country girl....



You can stand in the yard and watch it grow! It's increased about an Inch per day !
 .....now....it's shoulder high....the sunflowers are about ready to bloom....& I have a few tiny little gourds....and the corn is growing fast !

above, that picture is from 4th of July........below....it's the end of July.....




Gordon the gourd......


I planted these things along the front fence for cuteness....and I wanted to give the passers-by something interesting to look at....and I do see folks turning their heads and doing a double-take....Yes, that's corn...and sunflowers....

and I just can't wait for the gourds and the baby pumpkins to get bigger and start coloring up in September......
I hope that will put a big smile on everyone's face !


When not watching the corn grow as high as an elephants eye.....
I've been shopping for vintage, and making handmades for the second half of 2011.

For the fall and winter, and the holidays I'll have lots of new kinds of jewelry, note cards, post cards and a calender, all made from my photos.......& when I'm not at the beach......
.....I'm spending the next few days making a new workspace in the garage for picture-taking & painting, and a little seat room for relaxin' and chillin' in the dreary winter months....


Just outside the kitchen door are pretty flowers, basils, mints, lemon verbena, lavender and thyme,  and nasturtium leaves and flowers to eat....




Fuschias, dusty miller, Alaska nasturtiums, lobelia, alyssum, pansies, lilies, geraniums, calendula, Shasta daisies, cornflowers, salvia, weedy dock, basil, heliotrope, lavender, mint, thyme, a sedum Autumn Joy I've had for 9 years in this same pot, and a rosemary in a vintage coffee can are all planted in pots and in small flower beds.

I love how the creeping charlie cascades down and around the simple single fuschcia....


a view from the front to the back on the south side......



Because I'm a renter, and can't do anything real permanent........I did 99% of this years garden with annuals from seed, and a few vegetables from the farmer's market, good ol' Fred Meyer, and Ace Hardware....
Let's compare ! here's the same view last October....

No comments: