Saturday, April 16, 2011

big plans, stupid ankle

 Hardly anyone is more inspirational in my life than people who make something nice out of something that other people have thrown away. If it wasn't for things that people get rid of, I'd have to get a job pumping gas....Thanks! people. I pick the best stuff and keep it real...and, bingo.... I'm a Vintage Pusher. Vintage clothes, Vintage ladies, and Vintage flowers and vegetables for the garden.........so,
all set to put in the garden this sunny weekend,  &  I'm a laying around with a sprained ankle. Me, an ice bag, and computer for entertainment..
When I think, I'll never own my own home again (thanks to corrupt lawyers and evil republicans)...I go searching for  inspiration.

*******Criteria*******

1. I am not impressed by people with money. It's Too easy to make life work if you can just pull out a wad of cash.
2. I'm real sick  of tall skinny people, especially women.
3. I love gardening, and this year, I shall have a lovely yard, based mostly on annuals.



Here's the story of Tressa Prisbrey. She had a hard life, a real hard life, and after the age of 60, she finally got to own her own home. A trailer on a little plot of land,she made a junk paradise, and I hope I get the chance in a few years to own my own trailer, and make the world pretty....

 “Anyone can do anything with a million
dollars—look at Disney. But it takes more
than money to make something out of
nothing, and look at the fun I have doing it.”
— Tressa Prisbrey












---------------------------------------------------------

Models. Everything looks perfect on tall young girls. Big Deal.
Here's a few pics of women who are not tall, pretty, or young. They are, however, gorgeous.



 from etsy seller ajohns16


from




 from

----------------------------------------------------------




Annuals are easy. You plant them, they grow, they're pretty. Annuals, they usually are tough too. I bought 32 packages of seeds....over the next 2 weeks, and all of May, I'm planting....sunflowers,poppies,calendula,pink and purple radishes,purple, cream and red carrots, gourds, tall corn, indian corn, climbing beans, sweet peas, pink and white turnips, sweet peas, eating peas,lots of alyssum, pink cosmos, variegated nasturtium,bachelor buttons,onions,morning glory,striped zinnias, green zinnas, and white marigolds, moonflower, then tomatoes, potatoes, peppers,okra, tomatillos....and I'm probably forgetting quite a few.....


These gardens are mostly annuals....

2 gardens from.....






a sunflower garden from ......... 

No comments: