Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mrs. Parker

Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship.

if all I had to do..
if all I wanted to do..
all day,
I'd read and quote Dorothy Parker.

I finished this embellished broken pin.....it had lost 2 of its pink rhinestones, and that left just the holes in the brass stamping......
so a hole must be filled, and I filled it in with brass loops from which I hung brass chains....which is so me..
if it's droopy and falling....I love it.
I hope you do too.





on etsy, thatyountvillegirl......
 It's Queenly.....
a Brass heraldic shape, white enamel, and a brass key......all with patina.
The locket is also enameled with white, and a tiny rose with green leaves...and an oval pearly bead.


Mrs. Parker....
from PoemHunter.........
Born in 1893,  at 23 years old  in "1916, Parker sold some of her poetry to the editor of Vogue, and was given an editorial position on the magazine. In 1917 she married Edwin Pond Parker II, a stockbroker, whom she later divorced. Edwin was wounded in World War I, he was an alcoholic, and during the war he became addicted to morphine.

From 1917 to 1920 Parker worked for Vanity Fair. With two other writers Robert Benchley and Robert Sherwood, Parker formed the nucleus of the Algonquin Round Table, an informal luncheon club held at New York City's Algonquin Hotel on Forty-Fourth Street.
Other members included Ring Lardner and James Thurber. Parker was usually the only woman in the group."


"Alan Rudolph's film Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994), starring Jennifer Jason Leigh, Campbell Scott, Matthew Broderick, depicted the life of the author and her friends around the famous Algonquin Round Table."

Surprise ! the 20s mostly.....

No comments: