Monday, December 20, 2010

in no particular order...my top 5 fave xmas songs.....

I love the lyrics..."please come home for Christmas, if not for Christmas, by New Years night"
and any song that can and will rhyme "Salutations with friends and relations"....well wtf! that's literate.
because this holiday, where it is celebrated....is happy and so damn sad all at the same time....
it's the ridiculous mythology of family and I do think it's ALSO the rotten stinking weather...and until the Solstice, the literal darkest days of the year.

The version I really really love is on a compilation of Austin Rhythm and Blues Christmas songs...the best, and I mean the best comp of xmas songs evah! Angela Strelhi sings the most fantastic version of Please Come Home for Christmas....
Lou Ann Barton sings on it too. with some Thunderbirds...buy this album. Now. You will not regret it. Curiously I can't find any of the songs on youtube...but there's the link...

And it has Charlie Sexton. nuff said.
so here's what's on the utube.

Charles Brown, Please Come Home For Christmas.



I did find my 3 fave versions there tho. fuck Mariah Carey. Here's my version of any song Mariah sings...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
annoying little beeeyoch.



so in the next few days...more xmas songs I love.
Now go buy the Austin xmas album.



pretty! thatyountvillegirl makes it for you........



No comments: