Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's Curtains...and some Olsen twins...

now with more pink party dresses !

I hung a long white moire curtain along the width of the shop because I need the ability to close off my end of the shop when I am not there........
I shall be devoting more time to making things and restoring furniture...


The new hours are Saturday 11 ish to 6 ish...Sunday noon ish to 5 ish. But you can make an appointment also if something catches your eye ...just email...for more info.





Pink ! because love is in the air ! 2 dresses that are in a size larger than Paris Hilton...
One is a 70s mini with round ball buttons and loop trim.....with a pretty braid trim that says LOVE......LOVE ....LOVE.....LOVE...... in a swirly pattern....
and the other is a Pink retro Issac Mizrahi dress (with tags, never worn!)....


In a steampunk mood? Oyster jacket with hooks and loops with an Edwardian air......over a silk Nicole Miller corset top in pink and green floral - paisley pattern. Both of these pieces are recent. I show it with a navy wrap skirt trimmed in ivory braid, by Nipon Boutique...one of my favorite just-barely-vintage brands from the 70s thru the early 90s.


The ever-popular corset in a stretch black velour...with lace trim and bones for structure. It laces up the back.......
It's paired with a simple black crinoline...
Sure you can wear it just like this......but about a hundred years ago, this was only The Underwear! You'd put 3 slips on over it and then a dress that weighed 45 pounds.



and finally some Old Lady Chic.....which is a style dear to my heart.
I'm desperately really trying to avoid the poofy tops with sad pastel flower prints....and droopy-poopy polyester pants....
It's Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen....who are often described these days as "boho hobo chic" or "old lady chic"....click the linky for a cute timeline where we see the Olsen twins morph.....



I'm thinking a lot these days about what "mature" ladies wear....perhaps this....
I put this vintage mink tails collar together with a cut out strapless stripper top, and 2 skirts....one a mini fishnet frou-frou arrangement & the other a floral sheer broomstick boho skirt...
I think all this needs for the final touch..... is a huge LV bag and a tiara......


No comments: