with Melissa Auf der Maur.......
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Electrics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover their electrical services.
Early Saturday morning my building at 712 Broadway suffered the sudden realization that nearly one hundred years of using the same wires to pass electricity from some fast flowing water to provide heat and light was destroyed by the old bitch, Time and Despair.
Workmen descended upon the premises early Saturday morning to pronounce the building unusable for the purpose for which it was rented.
Therefore funkoma vintage was closed and shall remain closed until all Electrical services are restored.
My landlord, rumor has it, is vacationing in Palm Springs.
For a month. The duties of spearheading the restoration project and signing the checks and work orders will fall upon the capable office manager, Susan.
Will funkoma vintage rise again? Will she have the Power?
She admits she is powerless, and further admits that her skills concerning Stone Age trading and bartering are rusty at best.
Many have expressed shock, dismay, and sorrow when learning of the sad and dark life that has befallen funkoma vintage.
Many have rolled their eyes in hopes that funkoma vintage would just shut up already.
6 steps to recovering are outlined below:
* admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion to living with utilities;
* recognizing a greater Power that can give strength;
* examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member)such as a team of licensed electricians;
* making amends for these errors of being dependent upon simple utilities;
* learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior, and possibly more windows for daylight and/or a gasoline generator;
* helping others that suffer from the same addictions or compulsions to Electricity to enjoy warm milk and dressing in layers.
So, until funkoma vintage recovers from her dependence on Electricity and/or is mainlined to her chosen Power Provider, she wishes no one would remind her that the whole situation could be worse.
To pay proper respects to funkoma vintage and her horrific situation, she requests all her friends and acquaintances, but not her family (they have suffered enough), to live without any electricity usage in their lives for 24 hours in solidarity.
You won't be able to do it, but I forgive you.
Until funkoma vintage has her full set of Powers restored, she is finding the Power of Humor and blogging stupidity to tide her over until she can reclaim the Sewing Machine and her computer and her printer and her scanner and her coffee pot again.
'In the time of ancient Gods, Warlords and Kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty Princess forged in the heat of battle...her courage will change the world.'
- Opening Monologue from Xena: Warrior Princess