Monday, July 7, 2008

Listening to Joni Mitchelll ....again.....

Ladies Of The Canyon...on vinyl....just youtube or google that and listen.....
these are the songs of my supple girlhood...when I was a Woman in Training....
Willy still gives me the big chills.

I had a boyfriend when I was 20-21 yrs old.
Ben Taylor. Artist. Flake. Sex. Pot & Hash. Too much money from a prominent family.
He introduced me to many things. He was my first big city boyfriend....we spent a lot of time in SF. And he was my second unrepairable broken heart. Big Time. That one took years.....but I learned what I liked and didn't like in a man. So that's why I knew the instant I laid Eyes on Mark.....he was The One For Me For Always. Thank goodness we were both single.

And Rainy Night House. Spooky.
For Free. You won't ever pass a street busker and think the same again.
This .....and more is why Joni is a Visitor From Another Planet......
that's what I call people who are too talented .....for the planet...they seem to come from some other place.....and they grace us with their presence and presents.....and we are mostly undeserving.........
And of course, Big Yellow Taxi, Woodstock....
The Circle Game.

Joni and I both had children far too young.....we chose different paths to cope.
I kept the baby, she kept the faith.

No comments: