Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Last Days Chronicles

So I am asked why aren't I open more.........Because no one shows up except Friday or Saturday......
I've sat here all day ...... all by myself !
Sadly, I'm closing.....not for lack of business but for lack of Room !!
Weird huh?
I don't have enough room for all my stock.....well, I don't need to display all my stock.....
Just most of it !
You would not believe what landlords want for rent !!!
So, I'm scaling my business back to internet only.
That's what happens when landlords think they're in A Big City....
Tacoma isn't ......not yet.
And the rents landlords want for crappy marginal space is INSANE !!
They have this crackhead idea that just because The Glass Museum is in Tacoma...
And because SOMEDAY the LeMay Museum will come.........
That justifies the HUGE rent jump in the last 2 years.
So Tacoma Small Business will suffer.
And now you know why new small businesses are rare....
In areas you want to shop in, in areas you will shop in.....that is.......
That's why you get corporate....and landlords are content to be empty for years........you've seen it.......you've driven by it.....
There's no way you'd come to the areas where the rent is affordable.....


If I was selling Booze, Beer....or Food......I'd be rich.....
Oh wait......I did sell Beer And Food......
well, root beer and Food.
I started STEILACOOM FORGE DELI
People will Go ANYWHERE to get drunk....and eat !!
But I'll keep looking around town.....
So Bye Bye!!

4 comments:

kevinfreitas said...

Sorry to see you go from that spot. Seems like a great location! Though I may not wear it as much in the summer I still love my green jacket so thanks for being there at least long enough for me to pick that up! ;)

I setup a free online marketplace at shops.FeedTacoma.com that you can use anytime to post your items for a local audience. I don't charge rent so maybe that'll help sweeten the deal.

Take care and keep us posted!

propriatress said...

I've been meaning to try your shop.feed...I'll get to it! And you're sweet !! I'll keep looking around......hmmm, Maybe I'll go check out the International district..&..South Tacoma Way....it's now as smooth as a baby's butt !

Anonymous said...

South Tacoma Way is your oyster. Hands down the best several blocks of intact storefronts in Tacoma. I know it has some rough edges but take a stroll around 56th and South Tacoma Way. If Neko Case could sing about it, you might just hang your shingle on South Tacoma Way.

Crenshaw Sepulveda

propriatress said...

yeah, I'll keep looking for something...I don't expect FREE ! tho I'd like it....searching high...searching low. and have I mentioned I'm 2 degrees from Neko....