Monday, October 15, 2007

The Tacoma Film Fest Awards !!!!!

First off ....I hereby Demand !!! the name of the Tacoma Film Festival awards hereby be changed to........
The Tackies !
You know...like Tac(oma) combined with ies (because that's how things are done)
Come on.....that's really damn funny and I tell you, there's more I Lust Tacoma(tm) humor....coming from me...
no dry middleclasswhitepeoplepleaseeveryone MOR comments from your friend funkoma!
gawl, people, from a swell group of indie film lovers....The Grandies (the name of the award)
is soooooooo boring and um, boring......
ok, the food was boring but the drinks had a lot of alcohol in them.....40 bucks a pop was a damn lot of coin for mediocre food...it's for a great cause (Art I hope)...so I'd call that a wash......
could we please get some hippie food next time.....
like something fresh, healthy and at least one seriously vegan entree?????
On to the AWARDS !!!!!

Best Feature Film: Rain in the Mountains
Since I spent my Evergreen career in the Longhouse, I am so sorry I missed this one...was on my list but something came up..Good News....it's playing in the Olympia Film Fest.....get your pot and doritos...now ! (Hi Elizabeth !)
Best Local Film: GPS: The Movie
I absolutely refused to see this mash of sickening violence. Since when is kidnapping women really a good idea for a plot device .....Super YUKK...
Best Short Film: Full Disclosure
I reviewed this and I still liked it... a lot. The fest folks in charge of cutting up the films for a Look See at the awards really messed up by ....Wait for it !...showing the end.....and these are movie people?
Best Documentary: Spitfire 944
Another one I'm sorry I missed.....thanks to great editing and a very charming WWII pilot, it was adorable. Since I grew up near the Yountville Veterans Home , you can bet I am always interested in how the vets are faring .....
Audience Choice Award: My Left Hand
Sappy subject, and so tragic, I'm glad it was made and glad it won an award.
**************Just a reminder **************
everyone please write-in your vote for Marty Campbell........
He's not Soupy, He's Smarty..........
He'd a won if I was his slogan writer......I tell you......

No comments: