Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Andy Warhol Andy Warhol

Submits a proposal for a commission for the Tacoma Dome, the sports and convention centre in Tacoma, Washington. These prints, Flower for Tacoma Dome (IIIA.37), are based on a hybrid flower created by Warhol. Daisy (IIIA.38) is inspired by this proposal. from warhol's cv 1982.
There maybe no bigger fan of Warhol than me ....so much of what we take for granted from art to film to who is and what is ART is because of Andy Warhol....

....Ok maybe there is a bigger fan......but I adore everything about Andy, The Factory, his mother-devotion, and of course, the Velvet Underground.

When I was young I had a girlfriend Lucy, who was several years older than me and she introduced me to The Mothers of Invention, The Velvet Underground and Andy Warhol.....all of this about 1965 -66.
...here's pics of the Tacoma Flower plates ..don't forget the matching tumblers! all from Amazon......Hoo Haw

Here's a White Tacoma Flower poster.......

And of course the BeautifulAngle poster (of a poster?)




.....and......an art controversy I made up in my head..coming soon to a town named Tacoma........
Long story short:
I had an artist come and paint my bldg. My landlord freaked and my neighbors gave me the Poison Eye.....but I don't care. I am a brat....that is ..I do what I want if I ain't hurting nobody.......so I'm driving home the other day, and I see a Tacoma code enforcement officer taking pics of my Art and my bldg. Well, says I, no need to panic....But well here is the letter I sent out to the Art list........
Hello Art People,
I may be pre-freaking out abit, but, some of you may know I asked for Tacoma folks to come out and paint my walls...and they did ! I had a bonafide artist (as opposed to Folks!) do the upper wall. His name is Tam, and it looks like graffiti but it is not of course. It is Art. My question is: May I count on some support from the community if I get slapped with a citation for "gang graffiti"? Funny thing is ....in our spare time, we paint out real gang graffiti in the block, and we were gonna paint out Tam's work within a few days anyway......since it's not everyone's cuppa Tea...heck it's not even really my cuppa Tea....but I am an Art - Supporter !
Tressie

I am 100% in the right here........and we'll just see if the Code officer had anything to do with me.....as it turns out, I had planned to paint out the art since the agreement with Tam had run its course and we'll put something else up there.
Why is this a big deal to me??

Because I like art, I am an artist, I don't like anyone telling me what to do if it ain't hurting nobody.....and I like a good argument once in a while...I feel some days I'm wasting my paralegal skills !

But maybe most important........I Am Still Bitter about the Hillbillies that run Tacoma that didn't choose WARHOL to decorate the Dome !!
I see the Dome out my Kitchen window......This is a Big Deal to me !! Can you imagine what Tacoma could be like? I can and being a hillbilly is fine for hillbillies.........
AARRRGGGG !!!!! We had Warhol in our hands.....and they let him go.......
I am bitter.....
wink

No comments: